The Seattle Office of Labor Standards is seeking candidates for the position of Office of Labor Standards Investigator. Please see below for more detailed information:
ABOUT THE SEATTLE OFFICE OF LABOR STANDARDS: As a leader on wage, labor and workforce practices that enhance equity, address wage gaps and create a fair and health economy for workers, businesses and residents, the City of Seattle created an Office of Labor Standards (OLS) in late 2014. OLS implements City ordinances on minimum wage, paid sick and safe time, use of criminal history in employment decisions, wage theft and other laws that the City may enact in the future. OLS is housed within the Seattle Office for Civil Rights (SOCR). ABOUT THE JOB The Labor Standards Investigator position is a full-time emergency position with funding through December 31, 2016. This position will be responsible for receiving and processing intakes, drafting complaints, and handling a complex caseload requiring investigation and resolution of complaints of violations of the Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance, Fair Chance Employment Ordinance (formerly known as the Job Assistance Ordinance), Minimum Wage Ordinance, Administrative Wage Theft Ordinance, and dual-filed discrimination cases in employment.
• Conduct intake and draft complaints by identifying allegations of violations of Seattle\’s Labor Standards (some claims involve both labor standards and civil rights discrimination violations).
• Conduct investigations of non-compliance of Seattle\’s Labor Standards (some claims involve both labor standards and civil rights discrimination violations) including highly sensitive and/or complex investigations.
• Determine legitimacy of complaint, gather and preserve evidence, examine witnesses, review and analyze payroll records, conduct complex research using various databases and other legal tools, analyze fact patterns and prepare and issue detailed formal determinations.
• Negotiate and draft legally binding settlement contracts in cases where a violation of the labor standards or discrimination is found.
• Work on a variety of special projects, as assigned, that may include developing and leading presentations on Seattle\’s Labor Standards, reviewing labor ordinances, providing input to policies and procedures, recommending new legislation to policy makers, and analyzing and applying federal and/or state case law and regulations.
The work product of the Office of Labor Standards is subject to judicial scrutiny and must meet procedural and technical standards in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Full Job Description: http://agency.governmentjobs.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:http://www.seattle.gov/jobs